- Select operating system
- Debian/Ubuntu (32-bit)
- Debian/Ubuntu (64-bit)
- FreeBSD 6.X (32-bit)
- FreeBSD 7.X (32-bit)
- NetBSD 4.X (32-bit)
- Other Linux distributions (32-bit)
- Other Linux distributions (64-bit)
- Red Hat/Mandriva/SUSE/Fedora (32-bit)
- Red Hat/Mandriva/SUSE/Fedora (64-bit)
- Sun Solaris (32-bit)
- FreeBSD 8.X, 9.X (32-bit)
Version: 188.8.131.52, Size: 46 MB
File name: esets.x86_64.rpm.bin
ESET Gateway Security for Linux/BSD/Solaris (184.108.40.206)
- Changed: Installation procedure changed in order to enable ThreatSense.net functionality during installation
- Changed: Improved manual page, with better descriptions of certain elements
- Fix: Issues with configuration template to ERA (will be available in ERA 5.1)
- Fix: Problem with preloading “libesets” to samba
- Fix: Changed default settings for PAC & DAC sections
- Fix: Changed behavior of the cleaning mode “delete” functionality
- Fix: Other fixes and improvements
- Added: Support for the new multi-license files
- Fix: Various issues with ESET Remote Administrator V5 configuration editor
- Fix: Wording inconsistencies between WWWi, ESET Remote Administrator and Console of the product
- Fix: Problem with procmail detection on Solaris 10
- Fix: Problem with application not staring when no ESET Username or Password is entered
- Fix: Problem with WWWi start on Debian and Ubuntu systems
- Change: new Mailshell AS Engine vrsion 6.3.5 for all packages
- Fix: problem with antispam update on Sun Solaris 10
- Fix: problem with mirror functionality on Sun Solaris 10
- Fix: problem with not appending antispam result header to scanned messages on Sun Solaris 10
Version 4.0.3 Beta
- Added: support for Novell GroupWise
- Added: support for FreeBSD 8
- Added: cache for optimization of on-access scanner
- Added: scheduler with multiple actions
- Added: on demand check profiles
- Improved: WWWi, additional functions
- Improved: more user friendly configuration of scanning parameters
- Change: adjustment of installation & uninstallation of esets_gwia via esets_setup
- Change: renaming the parameter esets_user to restricted_user
- Change: support for appending the antispam result in the header of scanned messages
- Fix: problem with adding the new license via WWWi
- Fix: problem with incorrect info in manual pages concerning scan events
- Fix: problem with not displaying the alert message in case of large infected files
- Fix: problem with not enabling the scheduled task for updating the antispam modules
- Fix: problem with not removing the log folder and its content
- Fix: problem with not sending messages with enabled antispam
- Fix: other minor bug-fixes
- Fix: problem – not working filtering over HTTPS protocol (ESET Gateway Security)
- Change: New Mailshell AS Engine Version 6.1.5. for all packages except SUN Solaris & FreeBSD 5
- Change: Implementation of parameter â€śident_scanning_serviceâ€ť in sets_icap.r
- Change: Added timeout for client connection esets_smtp, esets_imap, esets_pop3
- Change: added support for autorization of FTP server from the http client
- Added: esets_lic - new feature - removing expired licenses with parameter: --remove-expired
- Added: new documentation for Mail/File/Gateway security
- Fix: problem - esets_setup unable to find zmailer.conf
- Fix: problem - esets_setup does not work for exim
- Fix: problem - esets_setup does not work for qmail
- Fix: problem - esets_daemon does not start automatically on Solaris
- Fix: problem - Setup can`t find exim configuration file on Solaris
- Fix: problem - esets_setup does not work with postfixÂ on Solaris
- Fix: problem - "Cannot scan: Invalid request" error message, file with / without extension
- Fix: problem - Esets daemon still present after uninstall on Solaris
- Fix: problem - Esets_daemon doesn't recognize quarantine_dir variable and quits
- Fix: problem - Double slash in URL after the domain returns error 404
- Added uni-licence support – business package readiness
- Fixed memory leaks
- Fixed tempfile handling after disk fulfillment
- Fixed PCUs inclusion in mirror
- Fixed problems with not opening in-product help entries
- Fixed problems with ESET Remote Administrator connection & cooperation problems
* version 3.0.19 was skipped due to continuous testing & bug fixing
- esets_daemon: fixed problem of samples sent using RA server
- esets_daemon: fixed ownership settings for mirror directory
- esets_daemon: obsolete parameters parser
- esets_dac (EFS): support for Dazuko FS
- esets_smtp (EMS): support for Solaris Zones
- esets_smtp (EMS): BDAT command handling
- esets_http (EGS): support of URL based detection
- esets_http (EGS): fixed HTTPS communication with Internet Explorer
- esets_http (EGS): fixed communication with HTTP 1.0 servers
- fixed installation on OS Solaris
- fixed anti-spam on OS Solaris
* versions 3.0.16 & 3.0.17 were skipped due to continuous testing and bugfixing
- fixed some RTP archives unpacking
- fixed notification scripts for FreeBSD
- updated manual pages
- esets_dac(EFS): fixed deadlock on FreeBSD
- fixed RA client password login to RA server
- fixed license loading in Turkish locale
- fixed memory leak in ThreatSense.NET.
- esets_wwwi: enhanced statistics
- esets_smfi (EMS): using also server's Received header for spam recognition
- esets_http (EGS): URL whitelist
- esets_http (EGS): fixed premature interrupt of connections
- http server for modules local mirror
- changed default of av_clean_mode from rigorous to standard
- esets_daemon: changed settings for ThreatSense.NET
- esets_imap (EMS): corrected performance with Mozilla Thunderbird
- esets_http (EGS): fixed threat log in virus notification e-mail
- esets_http, esets_icap (EGS): optimized URL blocking cache
- support for FreeBSD 7
- added system dependencies into 64-bit rpm packages
- fixed listing of network interfaces with unknown addresses
- esets_daemon: fixed license issue for EAV BE
- esets_daemon: continuing even after failed first-time anti-spam modules update
- esets_daemon: fixed startup with only expired licenses
- esets_cgp (EMS): CommunigatePro filter
- esets_scan (EFS): supported ADS scanning
- esets_scan (EFS): activity indicator for pipe/file output
- esets_icap, esets_http (EGS): fixed URL blocking cache
- esets_ssfi (EGS): added man page
- esets_wwwi: quarantine support
- esets_wwwi: updated php to 5.2.8
- esets_quar: fixed samples sending and listing, new option: --list-fmt
- esets_quar: supported separate quarantine for all users
- esets_inst: enhanced compatibility with qmail
- revisited products documentation
- esets_daemon: fixed memory leak
- fixed definition of groups of modules for mirror
- esets_daemon: corrected algorithm for loading of the new modules
- esets_update: corrected first time update
- esets_scan (EFS): fixed definition of multiple excludes
- esets_scan (EFS): no first time update required
- esets_daemon: no Internet access required for initialization
- esets_daemon, esets_update: fixed invalid username/password issue for update
- esets_daemon: fixed Remote Administrator client reload on Solaris
- esets_daemon: fixed unfinished scanlogs sending by Remote Administration client on Solaris
- esets_daemon: secured communication socket removal
- esets_daemon, esets_update: corrected groupadd and useradd
- esets_daemon: suppressed long timeouts when terminating
- esets_daemon: fixed samples submission system reload
- esets_wwwi: fixed esets_daemon reload on Solaris
- esets_update: added verbose actualization process output
- esets_scan (EFS): fixed file scanning on read-only filesystems
- added checking of user specified TMPDIR environment variable
- support for MAILBOX format scanning
- esets_daemon: fixed ESETS_RECIPIENT environment variable
- esets_inst: added full paths of Postfix binary files
- esets_update: fixed parsing of update.ver info file
- esets_wwwi: fixed relocation error on Solaris
- esets_wwwi: corrected excesive back slashes
- esets_wwwi: added product version check
- esets_http (EGS): support for multipart content type scanning
- esets_dac (EFS): fixed handling of big files (> 2GB)
- corrected esets user switching
- enhanced compatibility of Remote Administration client with Solaris
- fixed higher memory consumption of daemon agents
- esets_update: corrected defaults setting
- esets_scan (EFS): enhanced filename character encoding of scanned objects
- esets_icap (EGS): ICAP server for scanning HTTP messages
- esets_wwwi: added login/logout control
- esets_daemon: added control of syntax errors in main configuration file
- esets_daemon: added anti-virus scanning limits for maximum object size and for maximum object size in self-extracting archives
- esets_wwwi: enhanced compatibility with Solaris
- esets_smtp (EMS): correction of TLS support in MTA Postfix
- esets_scan (EFS): fixed automatic scan of local disks (command line option '--auto')
- esets_scan (EFS): correction of multiple directories exclusion
- esets_scan (EFS): fixed Remote Administration client logging
- Fixed antispam scanning for unprivileged daemon
- Fixed antispam loading on 64-bit Debian
- Fixed package extraction on Solaris
- Fixed non-english messages
- Updated PHP to version 5.2.6
- technology ThreatSense v3.0
- configuration, logging and handle object policy rewritten
- added Remote Administration client
- additional supported OS: NetBSD 4, Solaris 10
- support for 64-bit Linux OS: native binaries (except esets_daemon)
- esets_http (EGS) - support for non-transparent ftp scanning
- esets_ftp (EGS) - added huge object handling
- esets_zmfi (EMS) - ZMailer's content-filter
- libesets_pac (EFS) - available for all platforms
- 64bit systems support
- Added possibilty to run ESET components under user accounts instead of superuser account
- Added support of FTP communication scanning in manual HTTP proxy mode
- esets_daemon: added information USERSPEC into daemon log and daemon notification script
- esets_daemon: correction of infiltrations information passed to agents
- esets_cli (EMS): correction of action evaluation when multiple files scann ed
- esets_ssfi.so (EGS): support for SafeSquid of version 4.2 and higher
- esets_http (EGS): support of CONNECT method for user defined ports
- esets_smfi (EMS): implementation of predefined response of server using SetReply.
- esets_http (EGS): correction of deleted objects handling.
- esets_http (EGS): correction of not scanned objects handling
- esets_ftp (EGS): correction of random stuck of passive connection when STOR command used
- new product ESET Gateway Security (EGS)
- existing products NOD32LMS and NOD32LFS were renamed to ESET Mail Security (EMS) and ESET File Security (EFS)
- antispam engine (EMS)
- esets_daemon: periodic update of antivirus and antispam databases
- esets_update: update utility
- esets_imap, esets_pop3 (EMS): IMAP and POP3 filters
- esets_http, esets_ftp, esets_ssfi.so (EGS): HTTP, FTP filters and SafeSquid plugin
- esets_wwwi: web administration interface
- esets_lic: license utility
- esets_setup, esets_inst: user-friendly system integrator
- Compatibility with 64-bit Debian OS.
- New license scheme.
- of 64bit Linux systems (binaries are executed in 32bit mode)
- nod32d: Fixed bug in daemon communication in case the license has expired
- Fixed installation instructions for Exim
- nod32d: Fixed bug with files opening in quarantine.
- nod32d: Fixed memory allocation/deallocation problem in case the client access Internet via proxy-server.
- nod32update: Fixed starting of nod32umc and nod32upd.
- nod32update: Fixed issue related with download timeout.
- nod32d: Improved signal handling regarding download functionality.
- nod32set: Automatic sections creation.
- nod32d, nod32update: More accurate waiting on update completion, fixed bug in memory freeing.
- nod32update: Fixed issue in finding directory with binary executables.
- nod32smtp (LMS): Mail's header pollution bug-fix.
- libnod32pac.so (LFS): Fixed issues related with support of SE Linux on Fedora Core 6 Linux OS.
- Added ability to define update parameters using main configuration file.
- Added ability to define scanner parameters selectively for individual client/server identifications.
- Improved product installation mechanism: NOD32 modules are downloaded during the product first time initialization.
- Improved license expiration warning mechanism: It does not block the scanned objects processing after license expiration, only anti-virus scanning is deactivated.
- In NOD32 agent modules, command line interface testing functionality has been replaced with the 'aid' agent identification parameter.
- Fixed issue in quarantine initialization.
- Fixed issue in Samples Submission System cache.
- nod32d: Added support for scanning of unwanted applications.
- nod32d: Added functionality to update and reload anti-virus modules.
- nod32umc: Fixed issue concerned with timeout of NOD32 modules download.
- nod32d (LMS): Added information about virus database version into the e-mail header - "X-NOD32Result".
- nod32smtp (LMS): Fixed issue in requests versus responses synchronization.
- nod32smfi (LMS): Fixed issue related with selective configuration setting of scanner using client/server specification from nod32smfi agent module.
- nod32smfi (LMS): Fixed issue in the agent module process manager.
- nod32 (LFS): Added support for parameters scan-timeout, scan-max-size, max-archive-level, and tmp-dir.
- nod32 (LFS): Implemented new parameters max-subdir-level and symlink.
- nod32 (LFS): Fixed issue in determination of directories excluded from scanning.
- libnod32pac.so (LFS): Added support for SE Linux.
- nod32d (LMS): Fixed issue concerned with parsing of e-mail header incorrectly separated from e-mail body.
- nod32d: Fixed issue in thread manager.
- Better efficiency of resident agent modules based on implementation of 1 versus N model (threads versus client/server connections).
- Better coordination of system based on resident agent modules management by main system daemon nod32d, start of the resident agent modules is controlled by parameters 'agent_enabled' of main configuration file.
- Unified logging system in all modules.
- End of the development of the product for FreeBSD OS version 4.x. (technical support for NOD32BMS 2.51.x stays), reason is no support for the product in libc.so.4 library used in FreeBSD 4.x..
- nod32set: Implementation of module used for comfortable NOD32 configuration file modification.
- nod32d (LMS): Added support for Zmailer e-mail headers.
- nod32 (LFS): Fixed issue related with license file handling by on-demand scanner.
- Fixed issue concerned with restart statement used in initialization scripts for Debian Linux OS packages.
- nod32smfi (LMS): Fixed issue in e-mail headers parsing.
- Added option to set maximum depth level for nested archives.
- Added option to set maximum scanning time (soft limit).
- Added option to set maximum size of unpacked archives.
- Added quarantine function.
- Scanner actions are replaced by options action_on_infected, action_on_uncleanable, action_on_notscanned with enhanced values (clean, delete, accept, defer, discard, reject).
- Added alert mechanism before license expiration.
- Improved temporary files management.
- Fixed communication stability between daemon and agent modules.
- Added support for scanning uuencoded messages.
- nod32d: Added support for internal logging output rotation.
- nod32umc: Added support for selective download of group of NOD32 component modules.
- nod32pipe (LMS) and nod32mda (LMS): Improved Q-mail filters setting.
- nod32smtp (LMS): Added support for pipe-lined SMTP communication.
- nod32cli (LMS): Added option to write infiltrations information into stdout.
- Added implementation of selective scanner parameters setting, individually for e-mail recipients (LMS) resp. for users accessing the file system objects (LFS).
- Added support for multi-CPU systems.
- Ensured high system stability using so called “watch-dog” daemon.
- Added option to load system configuration without need to stop the system.
- nod32umc: Added signature verifying of loadable NOD32 modules.
- nod32pipe (LMS): Implementation of new NOD32 agent module.
- nod32pac (LFS): Implementation of new NOD32 agent module.
- Products packages are now replaced by scripts, which create the installation packages after accepting the displayed license.
- nod32d: Added implementation of samples submission system.
- nod32d: Added possibility to customize internal logging entries.
- nod32d: Added full support for scanning of self-extracting archives, adware, spyware and potentially dangerous applications.
- nod32d: Fixed issue with memory allocation in archives support.
- nod32d: Added support for self-extracting archives.
- Added support for RedHat Ready and Novell (SuSE) Ready variation of the products, package nod32lms-rsr reflects specifications: RedHat Ready at http://www.redhat.com/solutions/partners/rhrp and SuSE ready at http://www.novell.com/partners/isvihv/ready.
- nod32d: Changed logging format (nod32 build module number 'vdb' added).
- nod32umc: Fixed issue concerned with return values.
- nod32cli (LMS): Implemented new agent module - NOD32 Command Line Interface.
- Added support for Linux Kernel 2.6.x..
- Added support for FreeBSD 5.x..
- nod32upd: Added ability to create mirror even if base directory is not defined.
- nod32d (LMS): Added ability to not write the footnote into digitally signed e-mails.
- nod32smfi (LMS): Fixed issue related with abort of SMTP transaction.
- nod32d: Added logging of communication between daemon and agent (level "debug").
- nod32smfi (LMS): Fixed issue concerned with memory allocation.
- nod32smfi (LMS): Added new agent module - Sendmail's Content Filter agent.
- nod32d: Changed logging format.
- nod32umc: Added ability of obsolete modules removal.
- nod32d: Fixed issue related with zombie processes creation.
- nod32d: Introduced new logging level - "full".
- nod32d: Added support for logging via syslog facility.
- nod32smtp (LMS): Fixed interpretation of nod32d return status - "not scanned".
- nod32smtp (LMS): Fixed interpretation of nod32d return status - "deleted".
- nod32d (LMS): Fixed issue concerned with insertion of header and footer into e-mail footnote.
- nod32umc: Fixed issue concerned with return values of the module.
- nod32d (LMS): Fixed issue concerned with e-mail parsing algorithm.
- nod32 (LFS): Fixed issue concerned with FIFO pipes scanning.
- nod32umc: Added support for update via http-proxy with basic authentication.
- nod32umc: Implemented multiple logging levels.
- nod32d (LMS): Added status "deleted" into header and subject info.
- nod32 (LFS): Added ability to add exclusions to the scanning list.
- nod32 (LFS): Added simple activity indicator.
- nod32 (LFS): Changed logging format.
- nod32 (LFS): Added new log level - "debug".
- nod32 (LFS): Fixed issue concerned with handling of symbolic links.
- nod32upd: Added support for downloading NOD32 Version 2 updates (packed worm scanner module).
- nod32d: Implemented notification.
- nod32d (LMS): Added ability to write infiltration information into e-mail header.
- Added support for downloading NOD32 Version 2 updates (including archive module and other modules).
- Added support for advanced heuristics used for Win32 worms detection.
- nod32d: Implemented multiple levels of logging.
- nod32d (LMS): Added ability to write infiltration information into email footer and subject.